Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family! My parents and brother came down for Thanksgiving which was so nice. Had Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's house. It was so good to be together with family from all over at the same time. We started our day off doing the Turkey Trot race in Cool Springs to benefit Graceworks which is a non-profit organization. It was a 5k race and helped get me ready to eat all of the Thanksgiving fixings later that day! Had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with family at my cousin's house. I made rolls, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. Everything turned out quite nicely! So blessed for everything I have been given, including being surrounded by family! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone was able to spend some time with loved ones and eat a delicious meal together. I enjoyed spending the day with family. My parents and brother came down to visit today. We were able to spend Thanksgiving at my cousin's house. There were 15 people total. I haven't had a big Thanksgiving in awhile so it was quite fun! I have taken some time to think about what I am truly thankful for...
1. Family :: I have grown up with a loving family all my life. I recently moved to Nashville and was blessed to be surrounded by extended family. It is fun being able to hang out with my cousins more often and still get to see my parents and brother!
2. Friends :: After moving to Nashville, I had to make new friends. It was hard to make new friends. I only knew a couple of people in the area. I was blessed with a wonderful small group at my new church down here. I have grown closer to several of the girls in my small group and enjoy spending time with them.
3. My Job :: Being able to take a supervisor position right out of college for the company I wanted to work for and in the exact location I wanted to work for was a dream come true. I absolutely love my new life down in Nashville and do not want to leave! I love meeting new people and hearing their stories.
4. My Apartment :: Recently moved into a town house with a girl in my small group. So blessed to have met someone so nice and passionate for the Lord. My roomie is wonderful! My apartment is close by to my friends and family down here. I love living on my own and being able to support myself. What a wonderful feeling!
5. Opportunity :: I am thankful for the many opportunities that my family and I receive. My brother has been accepted to study abroad in Australia and my family and I get the opportunity to visit him next semester. I am super excited to visit Australia and it still hasn't sunk in yet!
6. My Church :: I am truly thankful for the church I have connected to. I have met so many people through my church and have become closer to a lot of them. I feel connected to people in my community and enjoy spending time with them.
7. Spare Time :: I work about 45 hours a week and get a lot of spare time to do things I enjoy. I recently joined the public library down here. I love taking walks/running around my neighborhood. I also find time to scrapbook, knit, and of course blog!
8. Education :: I am thankful for my college education. Boiler Up! I miss college so very much, but I am also loving post-college life just as much. I was blessed with funds for a 4 year college degree in hospitality and tourism.
9. Travels :: I am thankful for all the many many places I have gotten to travel to. Studying abroad in Florence, Italy for a semester and going to all sorts of places in Europe while I was there. For the many trips across the United States with my family (48 states total!). For my mission trip to Guatemala and for the international family trips to Greece, Italy, Switzerland, and Canada (soon Australia!).
10. Freedom :: I am thankful that I live in a country where we are free to worship and live how we want. I praise God for all that he has provided me with and I want to use what he has given me to give back to others to further his kingdom.
What are you thankful for?
Thursday, November 15, 2012
A few weekends ago a couple of my good friends from high school came to visit me in Nashville. It was so good to catch up with them and show them around my city. We have known eachother since high school and we also went to college together. They are from my hometown back in Indianapolis. I loved showing them around Franklin and Nashville. I think they really enjoyed it as well. We had lunch at the Franklin Mercantile Deli and dinner at the Flying Saucer in Nashville. Both restaurants have a great atmosphere! Hope you enjoy the pictures.