Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Salmon Salad

Yes, this is another Pinterest recipe! Recipe can be found here. I will also list it below as to how exactly I made it (I left some ingredients out). 


Ingredients:
6 C water (hopefully you have this)
1 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut into 3-inch pieces
1 C uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
1 (1 & 1/4 lb) skinless salmon fillet (or you can get the salmon with skin like I did & peel it off!)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
cooking spray
1/4 C thinly sliced red onion (I used a white onion)
lemon-dill vinaigrette (I used oive oil vinegar & lemon juice)


Steps:
1. Preheat broiler (setting on your oven!)
2. Bring water to a boil in large pot. Add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Remove asparagus from water with tongs & plunge into ice water. Drain & set aside.
3. Return remaining water on stove to a boil. Add orzo and cook according to package (leave out salt & fat). 
4. Sprinkle fillet with salt & pepper. Place fish on foil-lined pan coated in cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes.
5. Break fish into large chunks. Combine fish, orzo, asparagus, onion and lemon-dill vinaigrette in large bowl (I did not have dill on me so I left it out -- I would recommend trying it with the dill for more flavor). 
6. Enjoy! 











1 comment: