Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby Shower for Lily Rae

This past weekend I had to privelge to host a baby shower for a good friend of mine. She is having a baby girl in April and the name she picked out is Lillian Rae. She will be named Lily. There were about 35 guests at the baby shower. I had so much fun planning the shower and making the food. I think I had more fun planning it then the shower itself! I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Everyone raved about the cupcakes. They were delicious. I got my cupcake and frosting recipes from a blog called Glorious Treats. I also had pink chocolate chip cookies that a made from a blog recipe here. I put together a veggie tray and cheese tray. My mom made a mixed fruit recipe. I also put out pink and white chocolate covered raisins that I got from Marsh. I also made punch from a recipe here.
Vanilla & Chocolate Cupcakes - recipes here. Cupcake liners from Hobby Lobby and Marsh.
This cupcake was used with a Wilton 1M tip. You start in the center of the cupcake and pipe to the outside. See the link here

This stye is also used with Wilton 1M and you pipe from the outside to the inside of the cupcake. 

Display of cupcakes :)
Pink chocolate chip cookies. Recipe here.
I made several decorations as well! I made tissue pom poms from a YouTube video here. They are very easy to make! I made mine 1/4 the size of the ones in the video. Mine were much smaller than hers and worked nicely. I also decorated my mantle with pink baby clothes. I found two little egg trees at the Dollar Tree. I hung little baby ornaments from the tree. Having a baby during the spring is perfect because there are so many pastel Easter things! I put some flowers around too. Tulips and Lillies since her name is Lily.

Tissue pom pom instructions here. Plates & napkins from the Dollar Tree.
Pink onesies hanging above the mantle.
Egg trees from the Dollar Tree with baby ornaments hanging from them.
We played baby games too which was a lot of fun. We played baby bingo. Everyone got a bingo card with different baby gifts in the squares such as onesie, rattle, or bottle. As my friend opened up her gifts, guests marked off what she opened. Everyone had a different card so once they got 5 in a row they got a Bingo. Everyone had a lot of fun with that. We also played two guessing games. One was guess how many toilet paper square around the mother-to-be was. The other game was a jar full of hair clips and to guess how many clips were in the jar. We also had wishes for Lily cards which can be created here. We also had a bag where guests could write down advice for the mother-to-be. The party was a lot of fun and I hope this post gave you some inspiration for your shower!
Guessing game of due date, time, weight, length, hair color & eye color

Wishes for Lily cards that each guest filled out. Link here.
Baby Bingo - we played as the mother-to-be opened her gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment