Thursday, June 14, 2012

God Sees What We Can't

Yesterday I was reading my daily devotion from Max Lucado's Grace For the Moment Volume II. The book has a devotion for each day of the year. I felt like yesterday's devotion really was meant for me. It's crazy how a little book can directly reach you on a certain day. So here is what I read...

"On a trip to the United Kingdom, our family visited a castle. In the center of the garden sat a maze. Row after row of shoulder-high hedges, leading to one dead end after another. Successfully navigate the labyrinth, and discover the door to a tall tower in the center of the garden. Were you to look at our family pictures of the trip, you'd see four of our five famiy member standing on the top of the tower. Hmmm, someone is still on the ground. Guess who?

I was stuck in the foliage. I just couldn't figure out which way to go. Ah, but then I heard a voice from above. "Hey, Dad." I looked up to see Sara, peering through the turret at the top. "You're going the wrong way," she explained. "Back up and turn right." Do you think I trusted her? I didn't have to. But do you know what I did? I listened. Her vantage point was better than mine. She was above the maze. She could see what I couldn't.

Don't you think we should do the same with God?"

No one is like the LORD our God, who rules from heaven. -Psalm 113:5

No comments:

Post a Comment