Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Light Up the Sky

Currently listening to: Lift Me Up by The Afters

I absoultely LOVE this song. A friend of mine introduced me to The Afters when I was in high school. I hadn't really heard their stuff since high school. But they recently just came out with the album Light Up the Sky. The band wrote this song as encouragement that God is always with them and will always lift them up. One of the band member's favorite inspirational verse is Psalm 23. 

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Prov 2:1-6

Since I have moved down to Tennessee I have been trying out different churches. This past Sunday I went to The Journey. Little did I know that the band All Sons and Daughters originated from that church! How cool! I love listening to All Sons and Daughters. I was with a couple of friends who had spoken with one of the band members via email. We went up and talked with her after service. It was so neat to talk to one of the lead singers of the band. And it was just crazy to me that I was going to go to that church and didn't even know that that is where that band originated from and that they play there every Sunday! Love those little secrets that are hidden around Nashville. 

My favorite All Sons & Daughters song by far is this one: 
This is the band live at their home church in Franklin, TN 
called The Journey. So honored to have met the lead singer
 Leslie. She was so nice and down to earth!

All Sons & Daughters
The Afters

No comments:

Post a Comment