Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Fixings

When I get a day off from work I enjoy baking and cooking. I have been making dinner for my aunt, uncle, and myself once a week. It has been a lot of fun. The first meal I made for them was zucchini bread, couscous salad, and sauteed chicken in mustard-cream sauce. It was a lot of fun to make and tasted delicious! 
The zucchini bread recipe I used was from Glorious Treats. The bread was insanely delicious! I couldn't stop eating it. The recipe makes enough for 2 small loaves. We ate one loaf and I took the other one into work and it was gone within minutes. 
These are all the ingredients I used to make the zucchini bread. The only ingredients out of the ordinary that I had to buy were zucchinis and nuts. Pretty simple ingredients besides those two things! I used my aunt's Cuisinart food processor to chop up the zucchini into fine shreds. The Cuisinart was wonderful. 
I blended the zucchini bread batter in my aunt's KitchenAid mixer. Someday hopefully I will have my own KitchenAid mixer and Cuisinart food processor! 
This is what the zucchini bread batter looks like when it is ready to be baked! Doesn't look to appetizing now but trust me it will be when it is done! 
I got my couscous recipe here. I did not add red pepper, parsley, or feta. Feta can be very expensive! It tasted wonderful without it. 
I made sauteed chicken in a mustard-cream sauce. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart here. I used chicken broth and did not have tarragon so I used another spice instead. Hope you enjoy these recipes. The zucchini bread was by far my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment